Ikelite DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter with Ikelite ICS-5 Connector 46074Regular price $615.00
TTL strobe exposure opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities for both wide angle and macro photographer. Let your camera control the strobe output so that you can devote your attention to adjusting your camera's settings, composing the shot, and focusing on your subject.
- Faster, more accurate, and more reliable than fiber optic TTL triggers
- Always ready when you are - no batteries required
- Switch between TTL and manual exposure with the press of a button
- Supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera
- Supports rear curtain sync
- Improves strobe battery life and recycle time
- One TTL converter supports a wide selection of camera models
- Independently waterproof sealed
TTL or "Thru-the-Lens" flash metering means the camera evaluates the scene and communicates exposure information directly to the compatible flash. The camera automatically adjusts the power output of the external flash so you don't have to.
TTL exposure is faster and typically more accurate than setting the flash output manually. TTL can be the difference between getting a properly exposed image or not, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects and subjects that are moving towards or away from you. TTL is by far the easiest way to shoot perfectly exposed macro photography and allows you to concentrate on focus and framing.
Some people think TTL is only good for macro... but they're wrong! When shooting wide angle or close focus wide angle (CFWA), set your camera to properly expose the background and let the DL5 adjust your strobe intensity for proper exposure of the foreground.
Ikelite was the first company to introduce TTL for underwater strobes with Canon digital cameras, and continues to set the standard for accuracy of Canon TTL flash protocol.
Electrical flash triggering
Connecting an electrical sync cord is as quick and easy as screwing in a light bulb. Electrical triggering supports greater accuracy, faster rapid firing, and less missed flashes as compared to fiber optic triggering. Use of electrical TTL also dramatically increases strobe battery life.
A compatible TTL hotshoe is necessary for TTL operation. Ikelite TTL hotshoes are designated by a yellow band at the connector end.
The ultimate flexibility
Switch between TTL and manual flash exposure modes with the simple push of a button. A super bright LED indicator light shows you which mode you are in with a quick glance. When in TTL mode, flash exposure (EV) compensation can be accessed quickly and easily through the camera's menus. The DL5 DS Link fully supports rear curtain sync flash modes.
The DL5 DS Link is independently waterproof sealed and can be used with a wide array of camera models. Simply use a dual sync cord to fire two strobes in TTL from a single DL5 DS Link converter.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R
- Canon EOS 6D, 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 7D, 7D Mark II
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 750D Rebel T6i, Kiss X8i
- Canon EOS 77D, 9000D
- Canon EOS 7D, 7D Mark II
- Canon EOS 800D Rebel T7i, Kiss X9i
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 90D
- Canon EOS R, RP
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- DS50 strobes: above serial number 75510 with update
- DS51 strobes: above serial number 78700
- DS125 strobes: above serial number 7928
- DS160, DS161 strobes: all
- DS200 strobes: above serial number 7163
- Not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes including but not limited to SS50, SS200, SS400, Ai, 100/A
- Not compatible with SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
3.4 ounces (97g)
In the Box
- DL5 DS Link Canon TTL converter
- Plug o-ring # 0136.13 (installed)
- Connector protector for plug # 0301.12 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube