Ikelite DL3 DS Link Panasonic & Olympus TTL Converter Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe and B1A Bulkhead Kit 46036Regular price $805.00
DL3 DS Link Panasonic & Olympus TTL Converter Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe and B1A Bulkhead Kit
About this Product
We pioneered underwater TTL flash exposure for mirrorless cameras and this is the next iteration of our world renowned Panasonic & Olympus TTL flash circuitry.
- Faster, more accurate, and more reliable than fiber optic TTL triggers
- Always ready when you are - no batteries required
- Switch between TTL and manual exposure with the press of a button
- Supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera
- Supports rear curtain sync
- Improves strobe battery life and recycle time
- One TTL converter supports a wide selection of camera models
- Independently waterproof sealed
TTL or "Thru-the-Lens" flash metering means the camera evaluates the scene and communicates exposure information directly to the compatible flash. The camera automatically adjusts the power output of the external flash so you don't have to.
TTL exposure is faster and usually more accurate than setting the flash output manually. TTL can be the difference between getting a properly exposed image or not, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects and subjects that are moving towards or away from you. TTL is by far the easiest way to shoot perfectly exposed macro photography and allows you to concentrate on focus and framing.
Read More: The Myth of TTL Strobe Exposure Underwater
Some people think TTL is only good for macro... but they're wrong! When shooting wide angle or close focus wide angle (CFWA), set your camera to properly expose the background and let the DL3 adjust your strobe intensity for proper exposure of the foreground.
Ikelite was the first company to introduce TTL for underwater strobes with Olympus and Panasonic DSLR and mirrorless digital cameras, and continues to set the standard for accuracy of TTL flash protocol.
Electrical flash triggering
Connecting an electrical sync cord is as quick and easy as screwing in a light bulb. Electrical triggering supports greater accuracy, faster rapid firing, and less missed flashes as compared to fiber optic triggering. Use of electrical TTL also dramatically increases strobe battery life.
The included PT1 TTL Hotshoe and B1A Bulkhead are necessary for TTL operation with most Ikelite DLM housings. See Housing Compatibility information below.
The ultimate flexibility
Switch between TTL and manual flash exposure modes with the simple push of a button. A super bright LED indicator light shows you which mode you are in with a quick glance. When in TTL mode, flash exposure (EV) compensation can be accessed quickly and easily through the camera's menus. The DL3 DS Link fully supports rear curtain sync flash modes.
The DL3 DS Link is independently waterproof sealed and can be used with a wide array of camera models. Simply use a dual sync cord to fire two strobes in TTL from a single DL3 DS Link converter.
- Ikelite 200DLM/A Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M10 III # 69531
- Ikelite 200DLM/B Housing for Panasonic Lumix GX9 # 69621
- Non-Ikelite housings for Olympus or Panasonic mirrorless cameras featuring 1/2" through or 1/2-20 threaded accessory port
- DS50 strobes: above serial number 75510 with update
- DS51 strobes: above serial number 78700
- DS125 strobes: above serial number 7928
- DS160, DS161 strobes: all
- DS200 strobes: above serial number 7163
- Not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes including but not limited to SS50, SS200, SS400, Ai, 100/A
- Not compatible with SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151 (recommended)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152 (recommended)
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
- 5.4 ounces (153g)
In the Box
- DL3 DS Link TTL converter # 46033
- PT1 Panasonic & Olympus TTL Hotshoe # 46030
- B1A Bulkhead # 46002