Olympus Tough TG-6 - Olympus PT-059 HousingRegular price $665.00
PT-059 Underwater Housing for TG-6
*Also fits TG-5
The ultra-rugged Tough TG-6 camera is waterproof up to depths of 50 feet (15 meters) without a protective case or housing. If you’re a diver looking to explore deeper depths, the customised PT-059 Underwater Housing is for you. This polycarbonate housing protects your TG-6 camera down to depths of 147 feet while providing complete control of all camera functions when the camera is inside the case.
Need a replacement o-ring?
- Waterproof to depths of 147 feet (45 metres)
- All camera functions may be controlled while underwater
- Detachable hood for the LCD monitor
- Screw mount for optional converter lenses and filters
- Standard tripod socket permits attachment of third party lighting tray
- Clear back for easy water penetration detection
- Light, small and ergonomic when compared to some other brands.
In the Box
- Optical Cable Adapter: PFCA-03
- O-Ring: POL-058
- LCD Hood: PFUD-08
- Silicone Grease: PSOLG-2
- Silica Gel: SILCA-5S
- Anti-reflective Ring: POSR-053
- O-Ring Remover
- Hand Strap.
About the TG-6 Camera
Olympus Tough TG-6 Camera
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom f/2 Lens
- 25-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
Characterized by its exceedingly durable design, the red Tough TG-6 from Olympus is a sleek point-and-shoot capable of handling a wide variety of adventures. Featuring a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-6 offers notable image clarity and low-light performance to ISO 12800, along with fast 20-fps continuous shooting, 4K30p video recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Complementing the shooting capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions.
Beyond just imaging, the TG-6 also sports a robust set of features for withstanding the elements, tracking your adventures, and sharing your images. The camera is rated for underwater use, tested to withstand falls and crushing, and is hermetically sealed against dust and moisture when working in trying conditions. Additionally, a Field Sensor System incorporates GPS, a manometer, compass, and a thermometer for recording the details of your environment and embedding this data onto your photos and movies. Using built-in Wi-Fi and the Image Track app, recorded data and the imagery can also be shared to a mobile device for posting online.
The TG-6 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps:
- Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 50' / 15m
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14øF / -10øC
- Shockproof to falls from 7' / 2.1m high
- Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 100 kgf of pressure
- Dustproof-rated to IP6X to protect the internal components of the camera
Also benefitting the camera's use outdoors, the lens has been sealed with double-pane glass to prevent fogging and condensation. The camera body design has been configured to permit direct operation while wearing gloves, included a large zoom lever, accessory lock button, and convenient dial control.
12MP BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Processor
Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-6 offers a mixture of speed and sensitivity to suit both photo and video applications. The BSI design of the sensor affords cleaner image quality at higher sensitivities, up to ISO 12800, for working in low-light conditions, and the processor further helps to reduce noise and expand the dynamic range. The sensor's cover glass design has also received an anti-reflective coating to help suppress flare and ghosting when working in bright conditions. Additionally, the processor avails a 20-fps continuous shooting rate in raw as well as the ability to record UHD 4K30p video and high-speed Full HD 1080p video at up to 120 fps.
4x Optical Zoom Lens
Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the built-in 4x optical zoom lens covers a 25-100mm equivalent range and has a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions. Additionally, image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 2.5 stops to further aid in creating sharp imagery with slower shutter speeds.
Field Sensor System and Built-In Wi-Fi
Ideal for recording data while shooting in the outdoors, the Field Sensor System includes a GPS module, manometer, compass, and a temperature sensor. This data, along with the photos and movies themselves, can be transferred to a smartphone via Wi-Fi where the tracking data can be embedded or overlaid onto the images themselves using the Image Track app. Additionally, both photos and videos can be searched-for using recorded tracking data.
In addition to wireless transfer, the built-in Wi-Fi also allows you to remotely control the camera and wirelessly share images to a linked smartphone or tablet.
- Pixels ... 12 Megapixel
- Sensor ... 1/2.3" CMOS
- Bit Depth ... 12-Bit
- File Formats ... Still Images: JPEG, RAW
- Movies: MOV
- Max Resolution ... 12 MP: 4000 x 3000
- Aspect Ratio ... 4:3
- Image Stabilization ... Sensor-Shift
- Lens ... Effective Focal Length: 4.5 to 18mm (35 mm Equivalent: 25 to 100mm)
- Aperture: f/2 (W) to f/4.9 (T)
- Zoom ... Optical: 4x
- Digital: 2x
- Focus Range ... Normal: 3.94" to Infinity / 10 cm to Infinity
- Macro: 0.39" to Infinity / 1 cm to Infinity
- Exposure Control
- ISO Sensitivity ... Auto, 100 to 12800
- Shutter ... 1/2 to 1/2000 Second
- 4 to 0 Second in Night Scene Mode
- Exposure Modes ... Modes: Aperture Priority, C1, C2, Intelligent Auto, Movie, Program, Scene Modes, Underwater
- Compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
- White Balance ... Auto, Custom, Underwater
- Continuous Shooting ... Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw)
- Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
- Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw)
- Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
- Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for up to 49 Exposures (Raw)
- Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
- Self-Timer ... 2, 12 Sec
- Interval Recording ... Yes
- Flash Modes ... Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Manual, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Built-In Flash ... Yes
- Memory Card Type ... SD
- Video Recording ... Yes, NTSC/PAL
- Resolution ... 3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 25 fps
- 1920 x 1080p: 120 fps, 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
- 1280 x 720p: 240 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
- 640 x 480p: 480 fps
- Video Clip Length ... Up to 29 Minutes
- Audio Recording ... Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)
- Screen ... 3.0" LCD Rear Screen (1,040,000 Pixels)
- Screen Coverage ... 100%
- Connectivity/System Requirements
- Connectivity ... HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Wi-Fi ... Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In
- GPS ... Yes
- Waterproof ... 49.21' / 15 m
- Battery ... 1 x LI-92B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1350 mAh
- Dimensions (W x H x D) ... 4.4 x 2.6 x 1.3" / 113.0 x 66.0 x 32.4 mm
- Weight ... 8.92 oz / 253 g with battery and memory card
- Packaging Info
- Package Weight ... 1.115 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ... 7.6 x 5.8 x 2.8"