This updated version of the original Ikelite housing for the RX100 includes the following new features:
- Ergonomic side-mounted shutter lever
- Improved self-centering zoom control
- Spare 1/2-20 accessory port for optional vacuum valve
- New white ABS-PC blend
Older RX100 Mark I and Mark II cameras are not usable in this housing due to differences in lens and control placement.
A new slide-in, front loading camera mounting tray makes this housing a breeze to set up and shoot. Controls are provided for all important camera functions including a re-designed, spring loaded rear dial control. Rear push button controls are laser engraved for identification with a new bright red push button for the video record start/stop. A sensitive shutter lever makes it easy to half-depress the trigger for focusing and metering.
Use the camera's built-in WiFi feature to download photos to another device without removing the camera from the housing. The WiFi feature is only usable above water within close proximity to the connected device.
There's no greater assurance than being able to see the o-ring seal. Simply close the two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps, and see the o-ring form a solid black, watertight seal.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit, function and waterproof integrity. We back our products with over 50 years of experience and service within the dive industry.
Due to the position of the camera's flash in relation to its lens, the built-in flash is not suitable to illuminate photos under water. For the best color and clarity, we recommend adding a filter, strobe, or constant-on light. The built-in flash may be used to trigger external strobes via fiber optic sync cord. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optic cords.
Any Ikelite DS strobe may be connected using the Fiber Optic Converter # 4401.1 and Fiber Optic Cord # 4501. The AF35 strobe is not compatible with this housing.
Fiber optic cord compatibility
- Ikelite Fiber Optic Coiled Cord # 4501
- INON Optical D Cable "Non-wireless type" L-Connector
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) # 50107
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable II # 50128
- Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26211 Nauticam to INON
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26212 Nauticam to Sea&Sea
Wide angle, macro + filters
Our 3-inch diameter ports feature a 67mm thread on the front for the easy attachment of external wide angle and macro wet lenses. Wide angle lenses make objects appear smaller, so that you can fit more into your frame underwater. Macro close-up lenses make small objects appear larger, so that tiny creatures will fill your frame.
The WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image).
The W-30 Wide Angle Lens, INON UWL-H100, and other 67mm threaded wide angle lenses, provide a wider maximum angle of view. Because these are separated from the camera's lens by glass, air, and water, some vignetting and edge distortion will be present. These effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production.
External macro lenses with 67mm threads from INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers, can be attached directly to the front of the housing's port.
3-inch diameter color filters press directly onto these ports. Most wide angle lenses require a 3.6-inch diameter color filter. Refer to the product page for information on color filter compatibility.
- Port cover # 0200
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube # 0184.1
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls for all camera functions except Flash switch and Viewfinder switch
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3 in (76mm) spacing
- Weight 2.6 lb (1180 g)
- Dimensions 6.8 x 5 x 5.4 in (173 x 127 x 137 mm)
- 3.0-inch diameter glass lens port