The NA-GX7 Underwater Housing
Port, handles and tray not included.
Nauticam is pleased to introduce the NA-GX7 aluminum camera housing for the Panasonic GX7 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. Nauticam is the dominant manufacturer of professional grade aluminum underwater housings for mirrorless cameras and the NA-GX7 will be the clear choice for shooters of this versatile new Panasonic. Both camera and housing are bristling with technology packaged in a lightweight, rugged and easy to operate system.
The Nauticam philosophy for engineering and building the finest underwater housings in the world is simple. Think beyond what has been done before, work with the most demanding photographers on the planet, deliver beyond expectations, and never rest on past accomplishments – no matter how excellent. The results can be seen in everything from the smallest accessory to the most elaborate cinema based housing.
This philosophy is in full evidence on the compact, but impressive new NA-GX7. The pioneering features of the earlier Nauticam housings are apparent with the simple but secure rotating housing latch and superb progressive shutter release providing optimal “feel”. The NA-GX7 also sports some of Nauticam’s latest technology with the re-designed port locking latch that replicates the famous Nauticam DSLR port latch – making housing port changes easier than ever. Nauticam’s ground breaking integrated vacuum check and leak detector circuitry now comes standard. The new housing takes full advantage of the Panasonic’s many features and allows easy one handed operation of both command dials, video recording and EV control. The ability to activate or lower the GX7’s built in flash is immediately accessed by the left thumb to rapidly switch from optically triggered strobes to ambient light photography. The tilting LCD display is canted in housing for ideal in-water observation.
The extreme programability of the GX7 is embraced with Fn1-4 all available in the housing. The superior video function that Panasonic is famous for is instantly accessible on the NA-GX7. Camera and housing provide an ergonomic powerhouse that will please the most critical Micro 4/3 shooter.
With the GX-7, Panasonic has introduced a camera that will challenge the best the mirrorless camera market has to offer. Nauticam has created the only underwater housing that is equal to that challenge.
Nauticam believes that every lens that makes sense to be used underwater should be supported, and the existing lineup of ports for m4/3 lenses is extensive. Nauticam carefully evaluates new lenses, and is often first to market with support when a new lens is offered. One of the advantages of the m4/3 system is that lenses from both Olympus and Panasonic can be used, and between the two, an excellent selection of lenses for underwater use is available, from the Panasonic 8mm fisheye to the Olympus 60mm macro.
Examples of supported lenses for GX7
- Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Power OIS
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH
- Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm F2.8 ASPH Power OIS
- Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.
- Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm 1:2.8 PRO
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6
Nauticam supplies a wide range of optional accessories that make the rig very customizable. For example, Nauticam’s NA-DP4 housing for the Small HD DP4 Monitor can take video performance to another level by rendering the video image in a position more amenable to the shooter. The monitor housing easily mounts to the top of the NA-GX7 and utilizes the optional HDMI Bulkhead for true HDMI connectivity. Utilizing DP4 features like Focus Peaking, Focus Assist, False Color, 1:1 Mapping and more, this larger monitor vastly improves composition, focus capability and exposure.
Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics that allow viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
- Interchangeable back window (#17752) to allow 180º Enhanced Viewfinder or 45º Enhanced Viewfinder use
- Complete line of ports and gears for all major lenses
- Locking port extension rings
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD DP4 Monitor and Atomos Ninja-2 Recorder/Monitor
- Fiber optic cables for Inon and Sea & Sea
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Vacuum Check Valves
- Nauticam Super Macro Converter
- Depth Rating 100m
- Weight 1.08kg
- Dimensions 193mm (W) × 128mm (H) × 99mm (D)
Click here for a review of this excellent camera/housing from UWP magazine’s Peter Rowlands.