Nikon D500 - Ikelite 50DL Housing 73005Regular price $2,565.00
Ikelite 50DL Water Housing for Nikon D500 DSLR Cameras
Featuring the new Dry Lock (DL) port system with a pool & surf back rated to 50' (15m). Vacuum valve included. TTL circuitry sold separately. Port sold separately.
200DL Underwater Housing
Product number 71005. Features the new Dry Lock (DL) Port system with a dive back rated to 200' (60m). Vacuum valve included. TTL circuitry sold separately.
- 200' (60m) front with lightweight 50' (15m) back; Back is interchangeable with optional 200' back sold separately
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using our unique universal zoom gear system
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provide automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; Right-hand handle sold separately
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
- Shutter-release button
- Power switch
- Movie-record button
- Sub-command dial
- Exposure compensation (+/-) button
- ISO button
- MODE button
- WB button
- Metering button
- BKT button
- Lens release button
- AF-ON button
- Main command dial
- Multi selector
- Info button
- Live view selector
- Lv button
- Playback button
- MENU button
- OK button
This housing is only compatible with the Nikon D500 DSLR as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
Install optional Nikon TTL Hotshoe Product number 46061 and connect the TTL Converter Product number 4301.3 for automatic TTL exposure with compatible Ikelite DS-model Strobes. Ikelite DS-model strobes may be used with this system without the TTL Hotshoe and Converter, but will not provide TTL exposure.
SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter Product number 4403 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
In the Box
- Rear o-ring # 0132.61 (installed)
- Front o-ring # 0132.45 (installed)
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed)
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed)
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- .050" Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc tube
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle with Extension # 4077.02
- Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890
- 45° Magnified Viewfinder Type 1 # 6891.1
- TTL Hotshoe # 46061 + TTL Converter # 4301.3
- 50' (15m) depth rating
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 4.5 lb (2 kg) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 9.2 x 7.1 x 6.3" (234 x 180 x 160 mm) including projections