This updated version of the original Olympus Tough Ikelite housing includes the following new features:
- Ergonomic side-mounted shutter lever
- Improved returning zoom control
- Universal 1/4-20 threaded tray mounting
- New white ABS-PC blend
- Hard anodised aluminum and acetyl controls operate smoothly and are fully serviceable for many years of enjoyment.
The Ikelite housing for this popular camera model has been redesigned for improved ergonomics. A side-mounted shutter lever and new zoom control make shooting a breeze. Hard anodized aluminum and acetyl controls operate smoothly and are fully serviceable for many years of enjoyment.
A new central tripod mount has a standard 1/4- 20 thread and can be connected to popular tray systems from most manufacturers.
Our brand new ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion-free performance year after year. The specially formulated color deflects the sunlight to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Durable construction keeps the system watertight shallow and at depths up to 200ft (60m), well beyond the reach of the Olympus branded housing.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit, function and waterproof integrity. We back our products with over 50 years of experience and service within the dive industry.
Due to the position of the camera's flash in relation to its lens, the built-in flash is not suitable to illuminate photos under water. For the best color and clarity, we recommend adding a filter, strobe, or constant-on light. The built-in flash may be used to trigger external strobes via fiber optic sync cord. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optic cords.
Any Ikelite DS strobe may be connected using the Fiber Optic Converter # 4401.1 and Fiber Optic Cord # 4501. The AF35 strobe is not compatible with this housing.
Fiber optic cord compatibility
- Ikelite Fiber Optic Coiled Cord # 4501
- INON Optical D Cable "Non-wireless type" L-Connector
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) # 50107
- SEA&SEA Fiber Optic Cable II # 50128
- Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26211 Nauticam to INON
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable # 26212 Nauticam to Sea&Sea
Wide angle, macro + filters
Our 3-inch diameter ports feature a 67mm thread on the front for the easy attachment of external wide angle and macro wet lenses. Wide angle lenses make objects appear smaller, so that you can fit more into your frame underwater. Macro close-up lenses make small objects appear larger, so that tiny creatures will fill your frame.
The WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting (dark shadows in the corners of the image).
The W-30 Wide Angle Lens, INON UWL-H100, and other 67mm threaded wide angle lenses, provide a wider maximum angle of view. Because these are separated from the camera's lens by glass, air, and water, some vignetting and edge distortion will be present. These effects can be reduced or eliminated by using a smaller aperture, zooming in slightly, and/or cropping in post-production.
External macro lenses with 67mm threads from INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers, can be attached directly to the front of the housing's port.
3-inch diameter color filters press directly onto these ports. Most wide angle lenses require a 3.6-inch diameter color filter. Refer to the product page for information on color filter compatibility.
- Anti-Reflection Ring # 0923.03
- Port cover # 0200
- Vinyl break-away safety lanyard # 0321.10
- Silicone lubricant # 0184.1
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls for all camera functions except INFO button
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Central 1/4-20 thread tray mounting
- Weight 1.1 lb (500 g)
- Dimensions 6.2 x 5.5 x 3.6 in (158 x 141 x 85 mm) including projections
- 3.0-inch diameter glass lens port